I have had a lot of people contact me this week asking for tips on diet. So this week I am going to list a few things that I keep in mind to stay consistent. Before I get to that, here are some updates for Cheeky Fit and Fifty.
*I am continuing to add and build to the Cheeky fanfare. This week I have added a Facebook Fan Page and you can connect to it here. At this point I may have more fanfare than fans. So, I would love it if you be a “fan” and “like” my Facebook page. I am just being well prepared for when this goes viral and everyone wants a cheek peek to start their day.
*Last week I added a forum- Cheeky Junction and it is HOT! Well, not yet. Currently Cheeky Junction looks like a ghost town. I should probably add a saloon to attract travelers to my Cheeky Junction town. I am sure there are many of you that have a new goal or PR met, a beauty secret, cooking tip or just have something cheeky and fun to share. So, stop by and try it out.
Just a few things to share that are constants for me.
1) Be patient with yourself. Allow yourself time and do not expect changes to be instant. Anything worthwhile is going to time and consistent effort.
2) Back away from the scale! The scale is never a good measurement of progress. Take pictures, measurements, and judge by how your clothes are fitting. I do not completely avoid the scale, but I limit it to occasional visits. See post. “Divorcing the Scale”
3) Eat when you are hungry, not by the clock. Don’t eat just because it is 12 o’clock and lunchtime. Check if you are truly hungry first. I am normally not hungry when I first wake up, so I eat a very late breakfast, then a late lunch (usually my largest meal) Dinner, if I am not hungry I do not eat. This is my body’s clock. Yours may be different. On days where I may have an intense twilight workout, I will eat even though I am not hungry because I know my body needs recovery nutrients.
4) Some of you may have a difficult time with primal diet at first. I would suggest adjust to it in pieces if needed.
- First, no liquid calories. Cut out drinking your calories. No sugar, high fructose or corn syrup drinks. Read labels! Drink water, unsweetened tea, seltzer water, and NO sweeteners (even all natural no calorie kinds)
- Then eliminate t grains, yes even the whole wheat …yada yada …USDA push “You need wholesome grains…blah blah…fiber…blah blah. Get your carbs and fiber from fruits and vegetables.
- Take note of your sugar intake. You would be surprised by how much sugar is in processed food. Some of the worst being foods labeled “Fat Free”
- On that note do not be afraid of fat. Bacon is your friend and makes everything taste better. I save my bacon grease and cook with it. My dairy, though limited, is full fat, heavy whipping cream, real butter, all natural cheese. I am not at the place yet where all my meat is grassfed, and my entire dairy, raw. My budget does not allow that at this point but I make the best possible choices available with what I have to work with.
5) Move. It doesn’t matter how. Do what you love best. See “Fear Not” for some exercise motivation.
For my Vegan friends, I love you. You know who you are. Some are already taking advantage of this wonderful site started by my niece Bethany and her husband John Eric. Bethany is so beautiful in every way. She left earth far too young and we miss her dearly. You can read more about Bethany in Earth to Eternity.
Visit the Vegan Menu
As this post is about some of the things I do, I have added a new topic in Cheeky Boom! For “What do you do? What helps you with your goals?” Sign in and let us know!
Let me also recommend visiting FaithPush.com. I love FaithPush and what’s going on there. Check it out!
Free workouts! Daily inspiration and Crazy Challenges!